(Intermediate, Preliminary, Modified, Training, Novice and Beginner Novice. Advanced will be a year-end award)
The Maryland Horse Trials, Adamstown MD, Open Date: Aug 25 Close Date: Sep 22
Qualifying Period: 10/4/2019-9/22/2020 In Area: BN, N, T, P Any Area: A,I
Open to members of other Areas, but must qualify within Area II for BN/N/T/P.
Below are the Area 2 requirements.
- All competitors must be current members of the USEA.
- All horses must be registered with the USEA.
- All qualifying competitions must be USEA registered horse trials, two-day or three-day events. Area II will follow results as posted by USEA national office. A rider whose placing is adjusted by USEA to reflect an "amateur" placing may use the higher "amateur" placing result for purposes of qualifying for Area II Championships.
- Divisions must have five or more starters to count as qualifying competitions.
- No horse may compete in more than one area championship in a calendar year.
- All qualifying competitions must be listed on entry form.
- Residency in Area II is not required to participate in the Area II Championships. **
- Horse and rider do not have to qualify together.
- For BN-P, Horse and rider must place 1st through 5th at one event within Area 2
- For I & A Horse and rider must place 1st through 5th at one event in any area.
- If entries allow, division will be further split with definitions that conform to USEA/USEF definitions:
- Adult Amateur
- Young Horse
**Riders in the affected portion of Pennsylvania may compete in either Area Championship (but only one championship) provided they obtain the required qualifications, and limits on out-of-Area qualifications will be waived for results obtained in either of the respective Areas.