Area II Championship Horse Trials
Held at: The Maryland Horse Trials III at Loch Moy Farm(Oct 9-11, 2020)
Updates from MDHT, 9/24/20:
Area II: The Championship Division Schedule will be posted when MDHT has confirmed their schedule. Championship divisions will show jump in reverse order and placings determined immediately following the conclusion of show jumping, with awards made in the ring. That is the current plan, please be aware that weather, Covid-19 restrictions, etc. may change that.
Special prizes, ribbons and awards for participants in the Area II Championships. As of 9/23/20 there are 144 entered championship competitors in all divisions.
Please check MDHT/Omnibus listing for further details.
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS. OUR COMPETITION DEPENDS ON THE ADHERENCE OF ALL TO THESE RULES. See the Omnibus listing here.
The Maryland Horse Trials, Adamstown MD, Oct. 9 - 11
Open Date: Aug 25 Close Date: Sep 22
Qualifying Period: 10/4/2019-9/22/2020 In Area: BN, N, T, P Any Area: A,I
Open to members of other Areas, but must qualify within Area II for BN/N/T/P.
Below are the Area 2 requirements.
- All competitors must be current members of the USEA.
- All horses must be registered with the USEA.
- All qualifying competitions must be USEA registered horse trials, two-day or three-day events. Area II will follow results as posted by USEA national office. A rider whose placing is adjusted by USEA to reflect an "amateur" placing may use the higher "amateur" placing result for purposes of qualifying for Area II Championships.
- Divisions must have five or more starters to count as qualifying competitions.
- No horse may compete in more than one area championship in a calendar year.
- All qualifying competitions must be listed on entry form.
- Residency in Area II is not required to participate in the Area II Championships. **
- Horse and rider do not have to qualify together.
- For BN-P, Horse and rider must place 1st through 5th at one event within Area 2
- For I & A Horse and rider must place 1st through 5th at one event in any area.
- If entries allow, division will be further split with definitions that conform to USEA/USEF definitions:
- Adult Amateur
- Young Horse
**Riders in the affected portion of Pennsylvania may compete in either Area Championship (but only one championship) provided they obtain the required qualifications, and limits on out-of-Area qualifications will be waived for results obtained in either of the respective Areas.